1. 22 Books Women Think Men Should Read
“Time and again, lists of required reading for men circulate that seem more like lists of required reading BY men. Esquire’s list of 80 books all men should read included just one by a woman. AskMen’s 10 books men should read before 30 did as well – a cookbook. It’s become clear: Men think men should read books by men, about men.”
Time and time again we read about how to improve our ability to practice career-boosting techniques. However, knowledge of how to deal with a situation isn’t always powerful enough to encourage us to apply them to our everyday lives.
On 18th June, we invite you to join us and our three guest speakers to develop a personal toolkit to help you:
- Build resilience
- Trust your intuition
- Network better
- Work smart not long
- Speak with confidence in the workplace (even when you’re disagreeing with something or being ‘manterrupted‘)
The focus of this interactive workshop is simple; theory, research, value, and most importantly, practice. No matter what stage you’re at in your career, these practical take-aways will allow you to start thinking about ‘what things mean for you‘. By the end of it, we hope you will be equipped with new skills to try out in your workplace. After all, what is the value of learning if it doesn’t spark action or produce a long-lasting impact?
Check back here soon for more information on how to reserve your space.
In 2015 we plan to hold a WICT UK event each quarter, focusing this year on the television industry, leadership challenges in our industry, networking and skills workshops.
We’re thrilled to announce the first of these events will be “Watching the Future; trends and predictions for television in 2015”; we’ll have experts discussing what they see happening in television in the coming year, and how it impacts our industry.
Speakers will include:
- Leila Travis, Head of Planning at Thinkbox
- Emma Scott, Advisor to the Board at DC Thomson and former MD at Freesat
- Paul Lee, Partner, Telco, Media &Tech Insights at Deloitte UK
- Cornelia Calugar-Pop, Manager, Telco, Media &Tech Insights at Deloitte UK
- Sharon Kyle, Culture & Inclusion Manager at Virgin Media
Find out more about when, were and how to register to attend.